標題: Cheap Jerseys Wholesale like the prodigal child
無頭像
VxvesP0v

帖子 11567
註冊 2017-10-11
用戶註冊天數 2361
發表於 2017-12-27 07:46 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
“It frustrates me so much that we continue to watch lives destroyed by poverty and neglect…We have had the intellectual capital to fix this country for the betterment of all but we have lacked the will. We have no excuse.”?By Jarryl BryanSupriya Singh-Bodden, CCHThere is nothing more patriotic than a born and bred Guyanese who emigrates, gains an accredited education overseas and then returns, like the prodigal child, to his or her homeland to right the many wrongs affecting those who are less fortunate.Coupled with that, in the process that individual would have gone down to the grass roots level of interaction. They would have rubbed shoulders with every cross section of Guyanese from the beggar to the politician, to gain an unfiltered understanding of what it really takes to build a nation.Such an individual is Supriya Singh-Bodden, a Canadian trained Political Scientist and the founder of the Guyana Foundation, a non-profit organization. She returned to Guyana to make a tangible contribution. She has battled and won the fight against a breast cancer diagnosis and even went on to become a strident advocate against poverty, suicide and spearheaded many community renewal projects.A national awardee – the Cacique Crown of Honour (CCH) was conferred on her by President David Granger on October 6, 2015. She was honoured for her work in the field of youth and women empowerment, raising awareness of the plight of the mentally ill and her community renewal projects.Singh-Bodden was born on Christmas day, to Chandra and Sugrim Singh, a Barrister-at-law and politician. In fact a street in Ogle has been named after her father. Both of Singh-BOdden’s parents are deceased. She is the grand-daughter of Rashbeharry Maraj a popular rice farmer from the Essequibo Coast who was well known during the 1920’s.The first school she attended was Queenstown RC School at the corner of Albert and Crown Streets in Georgetown. At the time she lived at Lamaha Street; a short walking distance away.Cosmopolitan educationSingh-Bodden later attended the Ursuline Convent until 1970, when her mother left Guyana for the United Kingdom (UK). There, she attended the Virgo Fidelis Convent School in London, gaining exposure to Catholicism and the beliefs it entail.“During those years I completed my secondary education and spent a lot of my spare time in Italy with my sister and France with the nuns who arranged regular trips for prayer and reflection at the Convent there,China NFL Jerseys,” she said.In 1978 Singh-Bodden again migrated,Jerseys NFL Cheap, leaving the UK to join her mother in Toronto, Canada. There she attended York University, graduating on the Dean’s Honour Roll with a Bachelor’s in Political Science.“I left Toronto in 1985 to move back to London to get married,” Singh-Bodden related. “While there I continued to study and completed my Master’s Degree in International Relations at the University of London.”ProjectsDuring this time she worked and trained part time for an Italian company in the field of interior design. Although she had tied the blissful wedding knot by 1990 she was in the process of a divorce. She would however put her skills to use for the public good. She returned to Guyana and almost immediately began a project to build a new wing of the Pegasus Hotel, as well as other projects around Georgetown.In the company of her husband“Once back home I was so happy to have a chance to be in the country of my birth, a place I had to leave at a young age,” she related. “I was constantly exploring ideas of how to make a meaningful contribution to Guyana.”“I started to gather photographs and sketches of old buildings, bridges, and architectural details around Georgetown to publish a keepsake book. Unfortunately this project is still in limbo and it saddens my heart to see how much of our rich architectural heritage is being destroyed right before our eyes,” said Singh-Bodden who is an architectural enthusiast.“I went so far as to build my first home in Subryanville,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, Georgetown. Every element of fretwork, shutters, and proportions for the gallery and other areas were taken from derelict old buildings to make it as authentic as possible,” she intimated.Singh-Bodden eventually established her own company, Demerara Designs and also sought to impart her knowledge of entrepreneurship to others through mentorship/training.“During this time, I became involved in politics,” she reflected. “I wanted to see change come fast to Guyana. The people I worked with everyday were so dedicated, so talented but they had so little. They worked hard but basic things like having a house,Cheap China Jerseys Authentic, a car; a little saving was just a dream for them.”“I was sad as