標題: Jerseys From China 13655
無頭像
yueyrt1Ny9

帖子 26637
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2388
發表於 2018-10-2 22:06 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP) — Charles Woodson's return to Oakland began with hundreds of fans gathering at the team's facility urging him to come back.
"There are so many players who play this sport and other sports who would like to go out that way, playing well,Cheap Jerseys Supply, doing what they love to do," he said. "I feel very good about the way I performed not only this year but my whole career."
Woodson is still playing at a high level at age 39, despite dealing with a shoulder injury he sustained in the season opener and forced him out for a few plays Sunday after a hard hit on former teammate Randall Cobb.
Woodson said he realized late last month that he couldn't play another season and wanted to announce his decision before playing his final home game Thursday night against San Diego.
Woodson said he will miss standing on the field for the national anthem and traveling to road games with his teammates the most. But he decided he wanted to spend more time with his family, his winery and perhaps start a TV career.
The Raiders won just seven games his first two seasons before being competitive this season with a 6-8 mark heading into the final two games.
Woodson said he told owner Mark Davis, McKenzie and coach Jack Del Rio of his decision earlier Monday. He then told his teammates in an emotional meeting that he was retiring.
"That day was pretty awesome to come here and pull up and see all of the Raider fans still having love for me,Wholesale Jerseys China," he said. "That was really cool."
He won the AP Defensive Rookie of the Year award in 1998, AP Defensive Player of the Year in 2009 and is a three-time, first-team All Pro selection.
Despite dealing with several injuries early in his career, Woodson has played the second-most games of any defensive back in NFL history with 252.
Injuries hampered Woodson the next three seasons and he left for Green Bay as a free agent in 2006. That revitalized his career as he had 37 interceptions his first six years with Green Bay, winning the Super Bowl following the 2010 season.
Only Hall of Famer Darrell Green has more with 295 and Woodson will join Green in the Hall in Canton, Ohio, soon.
"I felt it was only right that Raiders fans, my fans, fans that have watched me play for a long time, I'd let them all know that this Thursday night would be the last time in the Coliseum I would be able to run out there in front of our fans at home," Woodson said at a news conference.
"Coming back here and playing for the second time we were able to rekindle something that we had years ago," Woodson said. "It was really fun coming back here and playing. It will be a pretty emotional day."
"Honestly, I think physically I could do it," he said. "My body has responded. But mentally,Cheap Jerseys Wholesale, it's not there. It's not going to happen."
Woodson burst onto the football scene as a college star at Michigan when he won the Heisman Trophy and helped the Wolverines win a share of the national championship in 1997.
Woodson is one of the most accomplished defensive backs to play the game, ranking fifth all-time with 65 interceptions and tied for first with Rod Woodson and Darren Sharper with 13 defensive touchdowns.
Woodson announced Monday he will retire following his 18th NFL season,Discount NFL Jerseys, ending a career that included a Heisman Trophy, a Super Bowl title and numerous other honors.
"Charles Woodson is one of those players that comes along and reminds you why you love the game," general manager Reggie McKenzie said.
"He is truly a one of a kind player that goes above and beyond his Heisman Trophy and future gold jacket. It has been an honor to have worked alongside Charles for so many years and have the confidence to call him what he truly is: the G.O.A.T. He is, without a doubt, the embodiment of what it means to be a Raider."

But the Raiders couldn't break through for a Super Bowl title, losing the AFC title game at home to Baltimore in the 2000 season, falling to New England in the "Tuck Rule" game the next season and then losing the Super Bowl to Tampa Bay the following year.
But the Packers cut him after the 2012 season and after getting little interest in free agency, he finally returned to Oakland. He arrived for a free-agent visit only to be greeted by fans begging him to come back.
He was then picked fourth overall by the Raiders and immediately made an impact, winning the defensive rookie of the year. He helped revive the Raiders and lead them to three straight playoff berths capped by an AFC championship in the 2002 se