無頭像
yueyrt1Ny9

帖子 26637
註冊 2017-9-13
用戶註冊天數 2388
發表於 2018-8-18 20:54 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
Garland doesn't have a favorite.
?(Curtis Compton/Atlanta Journal-Constitution via AP)
Garland has to work around a schedule that doesn't always allow him to be in every meeting.
This week in Houston, Garland has been getting extra work at center while Pro Bowler Alex Mack nurses an injured fibula.
"They're like, 'What are you doing here?'" Garland said with a smile.
"I have multiple iPads," Garland said. "I've got to watch offense, defense,Wholesale Soccer Jerseys, everything. But I'm glad the coach gave me the opportunity to do it."
"He's a man of great character," Quinn said. "He's somebody that's going to be there early and he's going to stay late. Often times he's the first guy onto the practice field working stuff at center. He wants to stay after, work extra things."
"It's a lot of studying, a lot of homework, a lot of film work," Garland said. "But it's totally worth it."
The 28-year-old Garland played defensive tackle during his college career at the Air Force and early in his NFL career, but he wound up being moved to the offensive line.
He'll have a lot to remember come Sunday.
A small price to pay, that's for sure.
"On the offensive line, you're so balanced. A lot of the offensive positions are not natural. It's very compact, arched back, everything's trying to be balanced,Cheap Jerseys China," Garland explained. "Whereas on D-line, you can be a little bit more aggressive. You can be a little more athletic. ... So getting that relationship of being aggressive on defense yet being extremely balanced when you come back to offense is probably the hardest part."
"I've got to go back and talk to coaches and other players to get the information I missed,Wholesale Jerseys 2018," he said. "But's that's the only drawback."
"He's been a real factor for us," the coach said. "One of the terms that we use is guys that don't show up on the stat sheet but own their role, and Ben exemplifies that on our team as well as anybody."
Garland could be one of the rare players to play both sides in the Super Bowl, since he's a backup on Atlanta's offensive and defensive lines, in addition to his special-team duties.
Mack is expected to start on Sunday, but Garland is the insurance policy. If not needed there, he could play some defense. Already in the playoffs, he was credited with a safety when Seattle quarterback Russell Wilson tripped in the end zone and Garland landed on top of him, perhaps the biggest play in a career that has gone largely unnoticed.
Then, during training camp before this season, Falcons coach Dan Quinn approached Garland about working with both units.
"I love them both, for different reasons," he said. "On defense, you can just let it loose and fly around and get after somebody. But on offense, when you get all 11 guys working simultaneously and a play breaks, that's a cool feeling to have."
And for those who think it's no big deal to play offensive and defensive line, they are actually quite different.
Quinn certainly appreciates what Garland means to the Falcons.
"That was awesome," he said. "Any time you get a sack or a safety, it's a great day, let alone in a game like that."
When he catches grief from opponents about turning up on the other side of the line.
No time to relax,Wholesale Authentic Jerseys.
HOUSTON (AP) — While his Atlanta Falcons teammates are enjoying a little down time, Ben Garland is hard at work.
The lineman jumped at the chance. After all, he's been released three times and spent a lot of time on the practice squad, so he was willing to do anything that might improve his chances of staying in the league.
(AP Photo/David J,Cheap NFL Jerseys. Phillip)
Garland's work ethic is unquestioned, but that's to be expected from a player who had to delay his pro career while serving a two-year military commitment. He's now a captain in the Colorado Air National Guard, serving out the rest of his stint between seasons.
He's watching plays on his iPad and jotting down a few tips in a spiral notebook.

The only other drawback about being a two-way player?
(Scott Boehm via AP)