標題: Wholesale Jerseys Anil Nandlall
無頭像
VxvesP0v

帖子 11567
註冊 2017-10-11
用戶註冊天數 2403
發表於 2018-2-26 02:24 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
– colleagues threaten to down toolsSugar harvesters on the East Coast Demerara estates are threatening industrial action if the plights of four of their colleagues are not addressed.The four are suffering from different medical ailments that have rendered them unable to work; and to compound their plight, their applications for sickness benefits from the National Insurance Scheme are being ignored.They are claiming that despite their obvious medical incapacity, the medical doctor attached to the Guyana Sugar Corporation (GUYSUCO) is insisting that they are fit to work and are therefore not entitled to sickness benefits.One of the workers, Muneshwar Rai,China Jerseys Free Shipping, who worked in the re-cleaning gang in the sugar industry for 28 years, suffered a stroke three years ago just after going home from his arduous tasks in the canefield. Since then he has been unable to earn a weekly wage to support his family.A visit to the GuySuCo doctor did not make things easier for him.“Dem say me fit fuh wuk but me can’t wuk. Me wife gat fuh wuk and mind me. Me can’t even walk properly,” he lamented.Another worker, Huckumchand is an epileptic, who has been working with GuySuCo since 1977. On several occasions he collapsed in the canefield,Cheap Air Max Shoes, the most recent occurring on Thursday last.He had applied for early retirement, but according to him,Cheap NFL Jerseys, this was denied by the GuySuCo management.“Dis man nearly drown in a canal. If he de drown in de canal dey woulda say he can’t swim,Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys,” a colleague of his told Kaieteur News.Richard Bissoon is a diabetic and has been an employee of the sugar company since 1996. He was diagnosed with the chronic ailment last November. He began receiving treatment from the GUYSUCO medical personnel.But his condition continued to worsen until the medical personnel had no other choice but to send him on 70 days sick leave.After the period of leave expired, Bissoon tried to resume work on the sugar estate but fell ill again.He is now contemplating what will become of his wife and family, since he has not received a cent from the National Insurance Scheme for the three months that he was unable to work.“They (GuySuCo) tell me dat dem hold up all me claim at NIS,Alex Iwobi Arsenal Jersey UK,” a bewildered Bissoon told Kaieteur News.Sukhram Persaud, who has been a workers’ representative since 2010, said that if the matters are not resolved in an amicable manner, industrial action will be pursued. “If dem can’t get nothing resolve, me nah believe dat Non Pareil eight gun resume work.”He said that he spoke to Government and Guysuco officials including Attorney General, Anil Nandlall; Minister within the Agriculture Ministry, Ali Baksh and Paul Bhim at a meeting in Enterprise a few weeks ago and highlighted all the problems to them.According to him the matters still remain unresolved.“If Dr Khan can’t move, dem nah gun get sugar. Dem want 12,385 ton sugar fuh dis crop….but if dem can’t look after me people, me nah prepare fuh give alyuh me labour,” Persaud declared.“Every single week me ah wuk; if me wuk half day, NIS ah charge me. So why should I wait three months fuh get money from dem?? Wha dis man pickney gun eat,Cheap Air Max Tn, brick?” he questioned.