Board logo

標題: Wholesale Jerseys Online . She was a staunch Hindu [打印本頁]

作者: VxvesP0v    時間: 2018-5-17 09:58     標題: Wholesale Jerseys Online . She was a staunch Hindu

Justice for Trishana’s family after five years…It took five long years, but justice was served last Friday when a magistrate sentenced truck driver Godfrey Gomes to jail for causing the death of St. Roses High student Trishanna Debidayal in 2005.Despite pleas by his attorney, Gomes, of Angoy’s Avenue, New Amsterdam, Berbice,NCAA Baseball Jerseys, was sentenced to two year’s jail when he appeared in the Vigilance Magistrates Court.He accepted his fate calmly.The decision brought to an end five agonising years for the parents of the 13-year-old from Better Hope,China NFL Jerseys, East Coast Demerara.“I waited five years for two year’s justice,” Trishanna’s mother, Agnes Debidayal told Kaieteur News yesterday.“It doesn’t ease the pain completely, but at least he wouldn’t be on the road to hurt another child.“I feel that the penalty should be more, and if he appeals I feel that the bail should be substantial.”Mrs. Debidayal disclosed that the family will now be proceeding with a civil case against the accused.On the afternoon of December 5, 2005, Trishanna was about to cross the East Coast Demerara public road in the vicinity of Better Hope when she was struck down. The child was on the pedestrian crossing when the truck driven by Gomes struck her.Ms. Debidayal, who has two other children, disclosed that Trishanna was killed five days after she had attended a Christmas party.Gomes was charged but that was when the long wait began.According to Mrs. Debidayal,Cheap NFL Jerseys, the matter was heard by three magistrates, six prosecutors, and three attorneys for the defendant.“I would scream out in court because he had caused my child’s death and was walking free.”And yesterday’s phagwah celebrations brought the pain back.“It was really hard,Cheap Jerseys, especially today (yesterday). She was a staunch Hindu, she would dance in the mandir, she would celebrate phagwah with all the colours from morning until night.Trishanna Debidayal“It was hard. We don’t even celebrate holidays anymore.According to Mrs. Debidayal,NFL Cheap Jerseys, a former employer of the accused even suggested that she accept a financial settlement.“He would tell me to take? money (as compensation), and would say that I would not get justice.“But if everybody takes money, they would continue to kill children on the road. Someone has to put a stop to it.”She received solace and encouragement from her friends in the road safety group Mothers in Black,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, many of whom had also lost loved ones.Mrs. Debidayal extended thanks to the magistrate and the prosecutor who brought the case to an end.

歡迎光臨 FreeBBS (http://newstarsweet.freebbs.tw/) Powered by Discuz! 5.0.0